Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School 2007


Today was the first full day of school for the kids. Cambrie is in 3rd grade and Parker is a big 1st grader.


I have decided that letting your children go to 1st grade is much harder than kindergarten. Kindergarten is basically the same as preschool. In 1st grade they are gone all day and they have to eat lunch away from home. I was so worried that Parker wouldn't eat anything that I went to the school during lunch hour. To my surprise when I arrived he was actually almost finished. I was so worried that he wouldn't like having a home lunch, but he didn't complain. He ate his food while the kids around him ate pizza. He is a great kid! I then followed him out to recess just to see how he did and all was fine! I waved to him and said I would see him at home and he said "ok". Gee, all that worrying for nothing. I stopped into his classroom and his teacher said he did very well and tested very well. The year is off to a great start!


I saw Cambrie on her way into the lunch room and she was happy with how the day was going! I know this year is going to be a better year for her. Her teacher is outstanding! One thing Cambrie is so excited about is her teacher actually asks the kids to bring a water bottle to school with a snack to have at their desk. How cool is that! She is also in a portable classroom this year. I wasn't thrilled that she would be in a portable until I went to "Back to School Night." She actually has it better then those in the school. The portables have air conditioning and the school classrooms don't. Parkers room was miserable. Thank goodness we are at the end of summer!


Mykenna was up and ready to go to preschool. When Cambrie and Parker started heading out the door to catch the bus, she was right on their heels. I had to explain that she didn't ride with them. She kept asking me where her bus was. I opened the garage and pointed at the van and said, "That is your bus." "Oh, this is my bus" she said. Kind of disappointed, but I guess ok with it. I pulled up to Mrs. Julie's preschool and she hoped out and ran to the door. No separation issues with her. :) She had a great time!


I had 2 full hours with only one child. It was a little weird, but I got a lot done!


4 comments:

Patty said...

I love it Kim! Good job - I also love the pictures of the kids on the side. You need to teach me some blog stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Kim, thank you so much. The pictures are wonderful and it's sooooo good/exciting to hear how the kids are all doing starting school. So glad they're off to a good start.
Love,
Mom Lake

H-less said...

i really almost cried reading this, i just love those little ones so much and for a second i felt like i was with you worrying about them on their first days. kim, i don't think you get told enough what a great job you are doing with those wonderful little ones. Your time, and everything you do to serve them is so immeasurable. Thank you for taking such good care of my nieces and nephews. I sure love you and already miss your family. Keep the updates a comin!
Sara

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to see pictures of the birthday girl/party soon. "Happy Birthday" Cambrie. We love you so much.
Grandma & Grandpa Lake