Friday, July 25, 2008

Swanson Reunion - July 25th

Playing Catch up....

On July 25th we went to the Swanson family reunion up Parleys Canyon. This takes place every two years and we love attending. This year Leslie (Rob's Mom) and her brothers were over the festivities. They did a great job! I wish I would have taken pictures of the all the food that was cooking at our home the morning of the reunion. Leslie is a great cook! We had 8 crockpots full of pork cooking for eight hours. The meal was so yummy! After eating there were games for all ages. We played frisbee golf and threw the football around.
To end the evening it wouldn't be a Swanson reunion without the candy cannon! Rory brings this cannon that shoots various kinds of candy in the air and the kids go crazy. It is great!

They started a small fire for anyone who wanted to cook up some smores. Parker found the wood pile and it slowly became a large fire. I think this was the highlight of the reunion for him.
Everyone had a great time!
This is proof of all the hard work by Leslie and Bry!


3 comments:

Lakes are Great said...

So I was reading this post and thinking oh I wonder who the swansons are...I've never heard of them! I felt totally lame when I found out it was part of OUR family!

Clean Cut said...

SO wish we could've been there! No doubt it was a blast. You gotta love Mom and Dad and their hard work, constantly serving mode.

There better not be any excuses on you guys not making it for Christmas because I just don't think I could handle any more time not being around these little cuties. Especially Cael- so so big and so dang cute! We miss you guys!

Mel said...

Hi, I was just posting to let you know that you have won my blog giveaway! Go to melhowlett.blogspot.com to set up a date and time to do your family pictures. I look forward to hearing from you.