Monday, April 6, 2009

South Weber Easter Egg Hunt

This year we decided to try South Weber's Easter egg hunt. After $3 per child, having each child in a different section of the park, and every section starting at the same time, I think next year we will save our money and stick to doing our own in the backyard. This is how it all played out. Grandpa Bry took Cael to the 3 and under section. I took Cambrie down to the 10 and older section and quickly took a picture of her. Luckily we found one of her friends and told her to find me after. I then ran Parker over to the 7-9 section and told him not to leave that section until I came back for him. I then went to Mykenna's section and stayed with her until the horn went off. Luckily Rob came moments before the hunt began and was able to be with Parker. They had the fire engine start the hunt by honking it's horn. Well it went off and it scared Mykenna and she began to cry and wouldn't leave my side. My great parenting skills kicked in at that moment. I wish I could say I picked her up and held her and comforted her, but nope...I had paid $3 for her to fill her basket with candy and make a great memory. I did give her a hug, but I then picked her up and put her inside her section and told her to get going or she wasn't going to get any candy. It took her a few seconds and more "encouragement" from me, but she finally got into it. I clicked a few pictures of her and then met Rob and tossed him the camera so he could try and get some pictures of Parker. Didn't happen. The older the kids, the quicker the candy disappears and the hunt is over. Glad I got a picture before it started. Grandpa Bry said Cael was so anxious to get into his section and get the candy before the hunt began, but he too froze when the horn went off and wouldn't let go of Grandpa's leg. Luckily, they had some premade bags of goodies for the 3 and unders ... so I grabbed one for each of my kids. Had to get my moneys worth right. :)






2 comments:

lauri said...

Okay, you are hilarious! I laughed so hard, now I have to go change my pants! This SO reminds me of ME!

Anonymous said...

Hate to copy Lauri, but this was so hilarious. My stomach tied up in knots just reading it really feeling your pain!