Friday, August 21, 2009

The Soccer Season has begun!








Instead of doing AYSO this year, we decided to have Cambrie play on a club soccer team. She has been practicing all summer and this week they officially started the season with the Striker Tournament. They played Wednesday through Friday. Wednesday the game ended in a tie. Thursday we lost and Friday we lost as well. The girls did a great job! We are very proud of them. I have to say the "crazy soccer mom", as one of the other mom's put it, has come out in me. I always said I would just sit and calmly watch my children's sports activities...but it didn't happen. My heart was racing and I found myself cheering loudly...at times! OK ... so I am competitive. I have never played soccer and I am slowly learning all the rules and position names. When Cambrie told me she was going to be playing the full back position I thought she was mistaken. That was a football position...right? It is a fun sport to watch especially when you have a child playing and know most of the girls on the team. Cambrie did a great job and had many compliments about her ability to play. Towards the end of the last game she had her big toe jammed and had to take a break for a few minutes and then got right back into the game. She is a tough competitor. We have a great coach and parents that help make it a great experience for the girls! The girls are a great group of girls and there is a lot of talent to go around. This is going to be a great year! Thanks to Carrie Grubb for taking these awesome pictures of the girls! I stole them off your facebook account. Hope that is o.k. :)

2 comments:

Jen Jenkins said...

Cambrie is such a cute girl! Sounds like she is awesome at soccer too! It was fun seeing you the other day! love you!

Care said...

Totally okay! Love the collage, too. Thanks for letting me see your blog - now I can get to know your cute family better. You have 4 cute kids!

I'm so glad Cambrie and Emi are on the team together!

Now we just need to get the other parents fired up and cheering and making some noise at those games - pass on some synergy to the girls!