Friday, February 1, 2008

Thank You President Hinckley For Our Beautiful Trip Together!

I have had many emotions this last week in pondering on my personal experiences and feelings of our dear President Hinckley. Some are sad feelings, especially when I think of not seeing him stand at that beautiful pulpit again and share his powerful testimony with us. Other thoughts that are so sweet. Such as the glorious reunion he has had with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and of course his beautiful reunion with his dear companion Marjorie! I have watched and listened to many tributes to him and each time fight back the tears. I have such a great love for him and his wonderful teachings and perfect example. There has never been a time, when listening to his words, that I have not felt inspired to better myself and my family. I only hope that I can remember these feelings as I go throughout my journey here.

I love this tribute, on the next post, to our dear President and I echo one of the final statements made in it..."Thank you President Hinckley for our beautiful trip together!"

(Click on the pause button on the music box at the bottom of the blog to turn off music)

7 comments:

Kelli W. said...

I enjoyed the video you posted. I never find stuff like that so thanks for sharing. We got another huge snow storm again yesterday and all schools were cancelled. Poor Pete spent so much time out plowing and shoveling because he tries to help out all the neighbors too, then an hour later it's all covered again! I sure miss you a lot. I hear we might see you in the spring or summer though and I'm looking forward to it! Love you!

SusieQ said...

That was a great video. Thanks for posting it!

Clean Cut said...

I made a post on my blog yesterday about how nice it was to "spend the day" with President Hinckley watching his funeral and the extra coverage. I"m looking forward to reading about the press conference announcing the new First Presidency. It's neat to see how the work moves forward.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim. I enjoyed the video and reading your thoughts and feelings. I just figured out who k-dub was!!
Love you.

Mindi said...

Kim, your blog (and family) is (are) adorable! So fun to see the links to the other Lake's blogs too.. although Spence's was the only one I actually was able to see. :) Now that is an uplifting blog! I want to go back through some of the great links he has posted on his sidebar. Please tell all of them HELLO! :) I'll check back often to see what else is happening with you guys. I heard you got a big snow storm recently.. sounds fun. Maybe we'll get a snow storm before winter is over this year. (we usually get 1-2, in Feb).. not like Utah though, it snows 3-6 inches- freaks everyone out- and then turns to brown slush by the next day. Nice.. especially when you have to walk & push a stroller through it.

April said...

Hi Kim!
I found you! What an adorable family you have and such a cute page!
April

Lara B said...

Hi Lake Family, This is the Bell's (Wade & Lara) My cousin told me she ran into you at the salon and we were so excited to hear you were in Utah. Maybe we should get together sometime? What a cute blog, and your kids are beautiful. If you want, check out our blog sometime and let's keep in touch. Take Care!